Saved route files, custom road preferences, custom places, and geofence files can all be imported from the previous version of PC*MILER to the newly-installed version. Saved route files will be automatically updated when they are opened in PC*MILER 31.
Additionally, a Settings Importer utility is provided that lets you import customized route options and profiles, custom road speeds, and general application settings from the previous version. Here are a few things to note about this utility:
- It will only import from the previous year’s release – i.e. from Version 30 to Version 31.
- The following settings won’t be imported and must be reset in Version 31:
- Length and Distance unit of measure (English/Metric)
- Fuel in (gallons/liters)
- State/Country Report Order (alphabetical/route order)
- Settings that change annually, such as currency conversion rate and route costs.
- The current default values in PC*MILER will be overwritten. For trip options and road speeds, only those values that have been customized in the previous version will be imported.
- The import utility includes a license check and won’t run on workstations using shared data. An error message will appear if an import request cannot be processed.
To use the Settings Importer, follow these steps:
- Select the Windows Start menu > All Apps (or equivalent) > PCMILER 31 > Settings Importer.
- In this dialog, uncheck any settings you do NOT want to import.
- Choose a version from "Import settings saved in this PC*MILER version" drop-down.
- Click Import to proceed with the import (click Close if you decide not to proceed). Close the Settings Importer window when the process is complete.