NOTE: Must be logged in to Content Tools to view.
Terms of Service
By using this Application (referred to below as the "Service") and any data or information accessed from the Service, you agree to be bound the terms and conditions set forth below. The Service is made available to you for your personal, non-commercial use in accordance with the Terms of Service. Also, you may not use the Service in a manner which gives you or any other person access to mass downloads or bulk feeds of numerical latitude and longitude coordinates.
The Service allows you to add and edit map data on high resolution geographic imagery provided by ALK. The drawing and annotation tools in the Service enable you to draw roads and features that are visible in the imagery, and label these items based on your personal knowledge of a region, city, or town. Additionally, you may use the Service to create points of interest, such as a school, business, or community feature, and to locate and describe that point of interest. The Service is intended to reflect the local knowledge of users, and is not intended as a place for users to upload information obtained from third parties, such as directories, compilations, printed or online maps, or similar sources of information, including copyrighted content. Because the Service focuses on documenting factual information rather than creative expression, there are certain types of information that are not suitable for submission, and will not be accepted in the Service, as described below.
The photographic imagery made available for display through the Service is provided under a nonexclusive, non-transferable license for use only by you. You may not use the imagery for any purpose other than as reference to add information as provided through the Service. You may not copy, modify or make derivative works of the imagery, in whole or in part. You also may not rent, disclose, publish, sell, assign, lease, sublicense, market, or transfer the imagery or any part thereof or use it in any manner not expressly authorized by the Terms of Service. By using the Service, you do not receive any, and ALK and/or its licensors (if any) retain all ownership rights in the imagery. The imagery is copyrighted and may not be copied, even if modified or merged with other data or software.
When you sign into the Service, you may submit content in the manner permitted by the Service (referred to below as the "User Submissions"). You are solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them.
By submitting User Submissions to the Service, you give ALK a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, distribute, and create derivative works of the User Submission. You confirm and warrant to ALK that you own or have all of the necessary rights or permissions to grant this license. You also grant to end users of ALK services the right to access and use, including the right to edit, the User Submissions as permitted under the applicable ALK terms of service.
ALK does not endorse any User Submission or any content expressed therein, and ALK expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions. ALK does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights through the ALK services, and ALK will remove all content and User Submissions if properly notified under the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act or other applicable law that such content or User Submissions infringe a party's intellectual property rights. ALK reserves the right to remove content and User Submissions without prior notice.
Appropriate Conduct and Prohibited Actions
You agree that you are responsible for your own conduct and content while using the Service, and are responsible for any consequences thereof. You agree to use the Service only for purposes that are legal, proper and in accordance with the Terms of Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Service, you will not:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available the name, address, phone number or email address of any individual, where that information was not made publicly available by that individual;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any inappropriate, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or unlawful content;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is protected by any copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other proprietary right of any other party, unless you are the owner of the rights or have the legal permission of the owner to post such content;
- create any submission such as a road, business, park, or similar point of interest that does not correspond to the imagery available in the Service;
- create or label any submission such as a road, business, park or similar point of interest in a manner that you know, or should reasonably know, is inaccurate;
- edit or modify any other user's submission in a manner that you know, or should reasonably know, is inaccurate;
- upload, post, email or transmit or otherwise make available "spam", including messages that promote pyramid schemes, chain letters or disruptive commercial messages or advertisements, or anything else prohibited by law, these Terms of Service or any applicable policies or guidelines;
- download any file posted by another that you know, or reasonably should know, that cannot be legally distributed in such manner; impersonate another person or entity, or falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material;
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Service;
- use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose; remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Service;
- interfere with or disrupt ALK services or servers or networks connected to ALK services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to ALK services, including the Service;
- use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of ALK services, including the Service, or collect information about users for any unauthorized purpose;
- submit content that falsely expresses or implies that such content is sponsored or endorsed by ALK;
- promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities or promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual; or
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature.
International users agree to comply with their own local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content, including laws regulating the export of data to the United States or your country of residence. While ALK prohibits the conduct and content described above, you understand and agree that ALK may or may not pre-screen User Submissions and other content and shall have the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse or remove any User Submissions or other content in connection with the Service.
You acknowledge and agree that any content (including other User Submissions) made available or accessible through the Service is provided "as is," and you agree to use it at your own risk. ALK makes no guarantee, representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, arising by law or otherwise, including but not limited to, content, quality, accuracy, completeness, reliability, fitness for a particular purpose, usefulness, or that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless ALK and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, advertisers, syndication partners, API partners, strategic partners and users, from and against any third party claim or liability arising from or in any way related to (a) your use of ALK services, including your upload of User Submissions to the Service; (b) your violation of these Terms of Service; or (c) any other action by you connected with the ALK services; including in all cases above any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature. ALK will provide you with written notice of any claim or liability for which ALK seeks indemnity.