PC*MILER|Connect offers a wide range of functions to customize a trip’s routing calculations and report formats—from setting a governor speed or a truck’s load status to reporting distances in kilometers or miles.
Default options that are set in the PC*MILER via the default Route Profile will be active when an option is not specified either directly in Connect or in the PCMSERVE.INI file.The order of precedence is:
- Options that are set directly in Connect take precedence over the default options set in PC*MILER and the .INI file.
- Options set in the .INI file take precedence over those set in PC*MILER.
- An option set as the default in PC*MILER takes effect only in the absence of settings 1 and 2, and only when a key for that option exists in the PCMSERVE.INI. For example, the Distances application setting in PC*MILER would only take effect when the line DistancePrecision= exists in the [OPTIONS] section of the .INI, without an assigned value.
The following functions affect the trip’s routing calculation and reports
- PCMSSetCalcType sets the trip’s routing method.
- PCMSGetCalcType returns the trip’s current routing method.
- PCMSSetCalcTypeEx sets the trip’s routing method when combinations of different route types are desired.
- PCMSGetCalcTypeEx returns the trip’s current routing method when PCMSSetCalcTypeEx has been used.
- PCMSSetLoaded allows you to specify if your truck is loaded or unloaded at any given stop on a trip.
- PCMSSetGovernorSpeed sets the vehicle’s governor speed.
- PCMSGetGovernorSpeed gets the governor speed for this trip.
- PCMSSetFerryDiscouraged determines whether ferry miles will be avoided on a route.
- PCMSSetShowFerryMiles sets whether ferry distances will be included in distance and cost calculations.
- PCMSSetElevationDiscouraged enables a customized limit on the elevation of the roads a route may use.
- PCMSSetElevationLimit sets the threshold for the elevation (in feet) to avoid when using PCMSSetElevationDiscouraged.
- PCMSGetNumMilesDecimals gets the number of decimals currently returned when distances are calculated.
- PCMSSetNumMilesDecimals sets the number of decimals that will be returned when distances are calculated.
- PCMSSetKilometers and PCMSSetMiles set the returned distance values to either kilometers or miles.
- PCMSSetAlphaOrder determines the order in which states are listed in the State Report.
- PCMSSetVehicleType determines whether Heavy Vehicle truck restrictions on roads are respected when the route is calculated.
- PCMSSetRouteLevel allows the setting of routing to be toggled between street-level routing and highway only routing.
- PCMSSetCost sets the trip’s cost per mile/kilometer.
- PCMSGetCost returns the trip’s cost per mile/kilometer.
- PCMSSetCustomMode enables the custom routing designations set in the PC*MILER user interface.
- PCMSSetRoadSpeed sets the road speed for the given jurisdiction and road type.
- PCMSGetRoadSpeed gets the road speed for the given jurisdiction and road type.
- PCMSDefaults resets a trip’s options to the defaults the engine was started with.