PC*MILER Rail 27
Release Date: December 2020
The following enhancements were made since Version 26.2:
- Added 2 new rail carriers, 42 new freight stations, and 13 new junction interchanges.
- Removed 4 expired rail carriers, 355 expired freight stations, and 11 expired junction interchanges.
- Other corrections based on feedback from railroads. (Please see below.)
|New Rail Carriers Added Since Version 26.2|
|KRS||KATAHDIN RAILCAR SERVICES, LLC|
|NET||NORTHEAST TEXAS CONNECTOR LLC|
|Rail Carriers Removed Since Version 26.2|
|CCRR||CLAREMONT CONCORD RAILROAD CORPORATION|
|MERR||MORRISTOWN & ERIE RAILWAY INC D/B/A MAINE EASTERN RAILROAD|
|FN||THE FOXVILLE & NORTHERN RAILROAD COMPANY, LLC|
|OLYR||THE OLYMPIC RAILROAD CO|
Station, Junction and Track Updates
- CMQ – Removed all CMQ (defunct railroad) ownership rights and operating rights from all railroad track segments in the following states and provinces: Maine, New Brunswick, New Hampshire, New York, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec and Vermont. This is due to the provisions required per the CPRS-CMQ merger agreement and the cessation of CMQ railroad operations.
- CPRS – Verified that Allentown PA (ALTN) and Phila Park Junction PA (PKJCT) R260 junction agreements have expired per CPRS.
- CPRS – Verified that Hazleton (RBMN) PA and Selkirk NY stations are active per CPRS.
- CPRS – Verified that the following CPRS stations in Manitoba have been expired per CPRS: Cypress River MB, Glensboro MB, Holland MB and Treherne MB.
- CPRS – Verified that the following CPRS stations in Pennsylvania have been expired per CPRS: Catawissa PA, Creasy PA, East Bloomsburg PA, Honey Pot PA, Kingsley PA, Nanticoke PA, Nescopeck PA, Retreat PA, South Danville PA, Wapwallopen PA and Yatesville PA.
- CPRS – Verified that the following number of added CPRS station match the listing provided by CPRS: Maine (69 CPRS stations), New Brunswick (6 CPRS stations), Quebec (41 CPRS stations) and Vermont (2 CPRS stations).
- CPRS – Verified that the following R260 junctions from the Railinc update that will facilitate freight movements in Maine and Vermont and New Brunswick (Canada): R260 BRNJC: CPRS and NBSR junction agreement; R260 BRUNW: CPRS and ST junction agreement; R260 MLNCK: CN and CPRS junction agreement; R260 MLNCK: CPRS and MNR junction agreement; R260 NEWPT: CPRS and VTR junction agreement and R260 NMJCT: CPRS and ST junction agreement; R260 SHRBR: CN and CPRS junction agreement and R260 SHRBR: CPRS and SLQ junction agreement. Note: Use the AutoRouter utility in PC*Miler Rail software program to generate CPRS routes to destination stations in northern Maine, southern Maine and New Brunswick (Canada).
- UP – Added Laughlin TX station per UP request.
- UP – Verified that the following 20 UP stations continue to function as intermodal stations per UP: Albina OR (SPLC: 853499000), Argo WA (SPLC: 845208000), Brooklyn Annex OR (SPLC: 853467000), Chicago Canal St IL (SPLC: 380030000), Chicago IMX IL (SPLC: 380017000), Council Bluffs Ramp IA (SPLC: 549263000), El Paso IM EX TX (SPLC: 696921000), Ft Worth TX (SPLC: 668200000), Gilliam OR (SPLC: 852136000), Global Gateway NO WA (SPLC: 845212000), Global Gateway SO CA (SPLC: 883735000), Green River WY (SPLC: 738179000), La Porte TX (SPLC: 684779000), Melrose Park IL (SPLC: 381244000), Montebello CA (SPLC: 883624000), San Antonio Eyard TX (SPLC: 687511000), Spokane WA (SPLC: 840600000), TICTF CA (SPLC: 883213000; FSAC: 15004), Vancouver BC (SPLC: 093900000) and West Basin CA (SPLC: 883252000).
CPRS Track Ownership Rights Changes
- Maine – Added CPRS track ownership rights onto previously CMQ-owned track segments and removed CMQ operating rights from Brunswick ME to Rockland ME per the CPRS-CMQ merger agreement. The following CPRS stations along this line were activated on 20200603: Brunswick ME, Mason ME, Hardings ME, Bath ME, Wiscasset ME, Yankee ME, Newcastle ME, Waldoboro ME, Muscongus ME, Allens ME, Warren ME, Foley Pit ME, Thomaston ME and Rockland ME.
- Quebec – Added CPRS track ownership rights onto previously CMQ-owned track segments and removed CMQ operating rights between Ste Rosalie Jct PQ and Stanbridge PQ per the CPRS-CMQ merger agreement.
CMQ Track Ownership Rights and Operating Rights Changes
- Maine – Removed CMQ ownership and operating rights between Augusta ME and Brunswick ME per the CPRS-CMQ merger agreement.
- New Brunswick – Removed CMQ ownership and operating rights between Bathurst MB and Newcastle NB due to the cessation of CMQ railroad operations.
- New Brunswick – Removed CMQ ownership and operating rights between Florenceville NB and McAdam NB due to the cessation of CMQ railroad operations.
- New Brunswick – Removed CMQ ownership and operating rights between Watt NB and St Andrews NB due to the cessation of CMQ railroad operations.
- Prince Edward Island – Removed CMQ ownership and operating rights from Summerside PE, Charlottetown PE and Cardigan PE due to the cessation of CMQ railroad operations. These stations on Prince Edward Island were previously served via barge train service form the Cape Tormentine NB.
- Nova Scotia – Removed CMQ ownership and operating rights between Edwardsville NS and Jefferson NS due to the cessation of CMQ railroad operations.
- Nova Scotia – Removed CMQ ownership and operating rights between Pictou NS and Abercrombie NS due to the cessation of CMQ railroad operations.
- Nova Scotia – Removed CMQ ownership and operating rights between Digby IMS NS and New Minas NS due to the cessation of CMQ railroad operations.
- Nova Scotia – Removed CMQ ownership and operating rights between Caledonia NS and Bridgewater NS due to the cessation of CMQ railroad operations.
- Nova Scotia – Removed CMQ ownership and operating rights between Metegham NS to Liverpool NS due to the cessation of CMQ railroad operations.
CMQ Stations and Junctions Changes
All former CMQ stations and junction agreements have been expired per Railinc update.
Summary of expired CMQ stations by state/province:
A total of 350 CMQ stations have been expired. These include the following: Maine = 149 CMQ stations, New Brunswick = 65 CMQ stations, New Hampshire = 1 CMQ station, New York = 1 CMQ station, Newfoundland = 11 CMQ stations, Nova Scotia = 49 CMQ stations, Prince Edward Island = 3 CMQ stations, Quebec = 65 CMQ stations and Vermont = 6 CMQ stations.
All Stations Shown in Reports
The Railroad and Railroad & State reports now show all stations on the route, even if the mileage is 0.
PC*MILER Rail 26
Release Date: December 2019
Updated rail network
The following enhancements were made since Version 25.2:
- Added 10 new rail carriers, 38 new freight stations and 15 new junction interchanges.
- Removed six rail carriers, 18 freight stations and eight junction interchanges.
- Other corrections based on feedback from railroads. (Please see below.)
New Rail Carriers Added Since Version 25.2
ALABAMA EXPORT RAILROAD, INC
BOSTON SURFACE RAILROAD COMPANY, INC
BUCYRUS INDUSTRIAL RAILROAD, LLC
CHICAGO, ST. PAUL & PACIFIC RAILROAD, LLC
HERRIN RAILROAD, LLC
RJ CORMAN RAILROAD COMPANY/CHILDERSBURG LINE, LLC
SAN FRANCISCO BAY RAILWAY, LLC
SAVANNAH & OLD FORT RAILROAD, LLC
SPOKANE, SPANGLE & PALOUSE RAILWAY
WISCONSIN RAPIDS RAILROAD, LLC
Rail Carriers Removed Since Version 25.2
PORT TERMINAL RAILROAD OF SOUTH CAROLINA
PORT UTILITIES COMMISSION OF CHARLESTON SC
SOUTH PLAINS SWITCHING LTD CO
TONAWANDA ISLAND RAILROAD INC
TURTLE CREEK INDUSTRIAL RAILROAD INC
WCTU RAILWAY COMPANY
Station, Junction and Track Updates
- CN – Changed existing MLC values between Canora SK and North Jct MB in order to flow traffic routing eastbound, instead of running via Melville SK to the west. Changed existing MLC values between North Jct MB and Dauphin MB.
- CN – Removed CN operating rights from Delson PQ to St Jean PQ per request. This subdivision is CPRS-owned and CN does not serve the stations located along this line (Delson South PQ, St Philippe PQ and Desnoyer PQ).
- CPRS – Removed CPRS operating rights from railroad track segments just east of Kramer ND (100.649452W, 48.694223N) to just west of Bisbee ND (99.390081W, 48.621527N). Removed the following CPRS stations from (from west to east): Spur 531 ND, Gardena ND, Omemee ND, Overly ND, Fonda ND, Rolette ND, Mylo ND and Agate ND because these stations are located along abandoned railroad track segments.
- CPRS – Removed CPRS operating rights from track segment links located between Hartland MN (93.484174W, 43.808925N) to junction just west of Albert Lea MN (93.375456W, 43.643989N). These railroad tracks have been abandoned per request.
- CSXT – Railinc has added the WSPRI junction on 20190624 per request.
- UP – Added the missing West Rail Bypass International Bridge located west of Brownsville TX across the Rio Grande River on the USA-Mexico international boundary line.
- WE – Railinc update has added the Crawford OH station on WE per request.
The following edits were performed in the Brownsville TX area to reflect changes reported by BNSF and UP:
- Removed the abandoned north/south railroad track segments located to the west of I-69E.
- Removed the abandoned north/south railroad track segments located to the east of I-69E.
- Removed the abandoned railroad tracks between Matamoros TM and Brownsville TX (this includes the old Mexico-USA railroad bridge border crossing and the railroad tracks located in the downtown area).
- Relocated the Olmito TX station to 97.506437W, 26.000995N per updated aerial imagery.
- Relocated the Brownsville TX and Brownsville TOFC TX stations to 97.409241W, 25.954901N per updated aerial imagery.
- Relocated the Port of Brownsville TX station to 97.385016W, 25.958569N per updated aerial imagery.
- Added UP ownership/operating rights onto the beltway railroad tracks just north of the Brownsville TX downtown area. This new realignment runs from the West Rail Bypass International Bridge (west) to the Brownsville Ship Harbor (east).
- Added and/or modified operating rights on railroad track segments for BRG, BNSF, KCSM and UP where applicable.
- Fixed a bug that caused FSAC values to be deleted when copying and pasting from a Detailed Geocode Report.
PC*MILER Rail 25
Release Date: December 2018
ENHANCED! Updated rail network. The following enhancements were made to PC*MILER Rail's industry-standard rail network database since Version 24.0:
- Added 10 new railroads, 202 new stations and 39 new junction interchanges.
- Removed 12 railroads, 142 stations and 22 junctions.
- Other corrections based on feedback from railroads.
|New Railroads Added Since Version 24.0:|
|BAWT||BAYWAY TERMINAL SWITCHING COMPANY, LLC|
|CJR||CHICAGO JUNCTION RAILWAY COMPANY, LLC|
|CPRL||CHICAGO RAIL & PORT, LLC|
|CVLY||CLACKAMAS VALLEY RAILWAY, LLC|
|DREI||DECATUR & EASTERN ILLINOIS RAILROAD, LLC|
|OBRY||GIO RAILWAYS CORPORATION DBA ORANGEVILLE BRAMPTON RAILWAY|
|SD||SAVAGE DAVENPORT RAILROAD COMPANY|
|SGR||SOUTHWEST GULF RAILROAD COMPANY|
|SPP||ST. PAUL & PACIFIC RAILROAD, LLC|
|FN||THE FOXVILLE & NORTHERN RAILROAD COMPANY, LLC|
|Railroads Removed Since Version 24.0:|
|ARE||A & R LINE INC|
|ASR||ALLEGHENY SOUTHERN RAILROAD, INC.|
|CI||CAMBRIA AND INDIANA RAILROAD COMPANY|
|CHRR||CHESAPEAKE RAILROAD COMPANY|
|CMRR||COMSTOCK MOUNTAIN LION RAILROAD, INC.|
|FWRY||FILLMORE WESTERN RAILWAY COMPANY|
|GLSR||GLOSTER SOUTHERN RAILROAD COMPANY|
|GCSR||GULF COLORADO & SAN SABA RAILWAY|
|HCRR||HONEY CREEK RAILROAD, INC.|
|IRRS||INTERNATIONAL RAIL ROAD SYSTEMS, INC.|
|MSWY||MINNESOTA SOUTHERN RAILWAY, INC.|
|SMNR||SOUTHERN MANITOBA RAILWAY, INC.|
NEW! View track ownership and track rights on the map. The Railroad Display Control has new buttons that allow you to display Track Ownership and Track Rights on the map for any railroad in the PC*MILER database. Go to the Map tab > Map Railroads, select the railroad(s) you want view and click Track Ownership or Track Rights.
NEW! Save reports immediately after viewing them. A new Save button in the Reports pane allows you to quickly save a report after viewing it. It also allows you to save multiple reports—for example, Detailed, Key Station, Detailed Geocode, etc. —for the same route.
NEW! Updated Help ribbon with new features. The Help ribbon has been enhanced with new features including a button to access the License Tool as well as buttons to open online features including Trimble MAPS News and Alerts, and the Trimble MAPS Support Center, which includes a searchable user guide for PC*MILER Rail.
NEW! Keyboard shortcut to open the Junction Helper. A new keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + F6) opens the Junction Helper when you’re creating a single rail route and need to specify each location where a change of railroads occurs.
ENHANCED! Detailed Geocode Report includes the FSAC for each station. The Freight Station Accounting Code (FSAC) is now included for each station in a Detailed Geocode Report.
ENHANCED! .NET Framework Upgrade from Version 4.6 to 4.7.1. The installation will now automatically install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 if it is not already installed. This upgrade resolves some feature display issues in the user interface for users of Windows 8.1, 10 and Server 2012 operating systems.
NOTE: .NET Framework 4.7.1 is not supported on Windows Server 2008, and Rail 25 cannot be installed on those machines.
PC*MILER Rail 24
Release Date: December 2017
NEW! Command line application added for PC*MILER Rail-Batchpro. A new application, batchrailcmd.exe, streamlines the process of running BatchPro from your PC’s command line—without the overhead of a user interface. This feature is useful for scheduled runs, running a sequence of batch files, or for running BatchPro from another application—for example, executing an overnight batch run from your scheduler. (PC*MILER Rail-BatchPro add-on license required.)
NEW! PC*MILER Rail now runs on Windows Server 2016. Installation on Windows Server 2016 is supported with this release.
NEW! Window desktop shortcut to the Rail License Tool. A new desktop shortcut allows you to quickly view your license status in case you need to update it or deactivate it so you can move your PC*MILER Rail installation to a new computer.
ENHANCED! Simplified layout of the settings in the Map Features dialog. To provide a better user experience, the Map Features settings have been optimized so they are grouped by functional categories. (NOTE: Some features may require additional licenses.)
ENHANCED! Remote Support Tool is available through the help ribbon. Our remote Support Tool can now be opened directly from the Help ribbon at the top of your PC*MILER Rail window. With your permission, the Remote Support Tool (also called TeamViewer) gives our technical support agents access your computer desktop to solve problems. (Note: You must first contact technical support. An agent will guide you through using this tool. An Internet connection is required.)
ENHANCED! Up-to-Date Rail Network Data Reflects the Latest Changes in the Industry. The PC*MILER Rail industry-standard rail network database is updated annually to include the most current data available. Throughout the year, our team of Geographic Information System (GIS) specialists gathers new data and incorporates customer feedback.
Version 24 data updates include the following:
- Nearly 200,000 total miles of rail line
- Over 49,000 active freight stations
- Over 4,000 unique junction interchanges
- Over 800 active rail carriers, including 10 new carriers and the removal of 3 carriers
New Railroads Added Since Version 23.0:
DELMARVA CENTRAL RAILROAD COMPANY
R BULT RAIL LINES CORP
TRADEPOINT RAIL LLC
TEXAS & EASTERN RAILROAD LLC
DOVER & ROCKAWAY RIVER RAILROAD
JACKSONVILLE PORT TERMINAL RAILROAD LLC
GOOSE LAKE RAILWAY LLC
INDIANA BUSINESS RAILROAD D/B/A UNION CITY TERMINAL RAILROAD
ITAWAMBA MISSISSIPPIAN RAILROAD LLC
DECATUR CENTRAL RAILROAD INC
Railroads Expired Since Version 23.0:
|BDR||SPARROWS POINT RAIL, LLC D/B/A BALTIMORE INDUSTRIAL RAILROAD|
|LVRC||LAMOILLE VALLEY RAILROAD COMPANY|
|NCA||NORTH CAROLINA & ATLANTIC RAILROAD|