Between version releases of PC*MILER, software patches are periodically made available to fix any issues noted by customers or detected by our internal technical teams. PC*MILER patches are cumulative, meaning they include items from previous releases of the same type and for the version identified. PC*MILER 33 was originally released in June 2019.
In this article:
Issues Resolved in This Release
Version No: 22.214.171.124
|Fixed an issue that was preventing pcmserve.ini from being updated with the latest information for version 33.
|Fixed an issue in the PCMSLookup API that could cause locations in both Canada and California to be returned when "CA" is entered as the state abbreviation.
|Fixed the PCMSGetErrorString API so it returns the proper error message.
|Fixed the PCMSGetCost API so that it returns a cost value.
|Hours of Service
|Fixed an issue that would cause an error to be returned when the PCMSSetHOSWeekSchedule API was set to use a 60-hour schedule.
|User-entered road speeds and route costs are now retained when the PC*MILER application is closed and re-opened.
|Fixed an issue that could cause the PC*MILER user interface to freeze or shutdown on certain operating systems after clicking the Options > Close Route button.
|Hours of Service
|Stops inserted by the Hours of Service (HOS) Manager are now automatically accepted when a route is duplicated.
|Fixed an issue that caused only the first line of a report memo to be saved when saving a route.
|Fixed an issue that caused an error message to be displayed when terminating the installation process.
|Fixed an issue where the Activate Now button might open the PC*MILER application, rather than the Activation window.
|Fixed an issue that was causing California miles to not appear in a State Mileage Report.
|Fixed an issue that would cause PC*MILER to lock up when requesting a pick list of locations for "Ber*, NJ".
|Fixed an issue that caused the return of an invalid latitude/longitude when geocoding certain addresses.
|Fixed an issue that would occasionally cause the Multi-Version Switch (MVS) in Tolls mode to not report toll costs.
|Connect Logging Tool
|Multiple bug fixes were performed on the Connect Logging Tool introduced with PC*MILER 33. It allows you to import old API call logs, from any version of PC*MILER Connect, and replay them in the latest version to detect APIs in use and also help identify if there are any technical issues that need attention.
How to Install the Update
PC*MILER is equipped with a web-based update tool to facilitate the download and installation of software patches and updates. To access this feature, use the following steps:
- Close all open instances of PC*MILER and its connectivity products. If a third-party program that accesses any PC*MILER component is running (for example, PC*MILER|Connect), it must be closed before updating.
- Confirm the computer has an active Internet connection.
- Open PC*MILER again, then select Help > Check for Updates. After a few moments, the PC*MILER Updater window is displayed. The Updater first checks for valid license information and then begins checking for available updates.
- If no updates are listed in the Available Updates window, PC*MILER is up to date. Stop here and close the Updater window.
- If updates are listed in the Available Updates window, use the remaining steps below to update PC*MILER.
- In the Download & Install drop-down menu next to each available update, select either Download & Install to download and install right away, or Download to download now and install later. Selecting either option will begin the download process. The progress of the download will be displayed in a progress bar.
- If Download & Install was chosen, the InstallShield Wizard will open when the download is finished. Follow the instructions to complete the installation. After installing, the update is listed under “Installed Updates” in the Updater window.
- If Download was chosen, the button to the right will read, “Install” when the download is finished. The installation can be completed as described above at any time in the future by opening the Updater window and clicking Install.
- Check to make sure the update installed properly. Select Help > About… and look for the Software Version number under “This Product is Licensed To”. It should match what you downloaded.