Trimble Maps continuously updates its map data so you can generate the best routes for your vehicles. Below is an overview of updates made by our team of mapping experts for North America in Q4.1 2022. Please see the .pdf file attached to this article for full details.
NOTE: Data updates may be made available in different products at different times. The type of data available also depends on your licensing. Please contact us if you are unsure of your data licensing.
- Updates to the road network were made in 212 counties
- 60 new construction road projects were added
- Truck attributes were updated; totaling more than 900,000 miles
- Weight limits were updated in Kansas, Massachusetts, New Mexico, South Carolina, South Dakota
- Posted vertical clearances were reviewed and updated in Iowa
- Tolls were updated to reflect new rates in Colorado, Florida, Maine, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Utah
- City points and postal codes were updated for the US and Canada
- 3,036 new POIs were added to the Places Database (624 distribution centers, 2,014 retail storefront, 390 manufacturing plants, 3 truck repairs, and 5 truck stops)
- 2,586 new site locations were coded (553 distribution centers, 1,654 retail storefront, 371 manufacturing plants, 2 truck repairs, and 6 truck stops)
- More than 1,200 customer-reported issues were fixed
How to Access the Most Current Data
PC*MILER Installed Software
Data is updated once a year with the new version release. It includes all of the map updates made between versions.
PC*MILER Web and Web Services
Updates are automatically available upon release. To access:
- Web—In the Routes panel, mark the Route Options > Reporting Preferences > Report Data Version field with Current. (Current is the default)
- Web Services—Mark the dataVersion field with Current. (Current is the default)
- App Store Customers—You will be notified to download updates through the app.
- Enterprise Customers (Indirect)—Contact the partner who sold you CoPilot to be sure you have the latest app version and data.
- Enterprise Customers (Direct) and Integration Partners—Updates can be downloaded over the air via API or directly from our portal.
MileOn by PC*MILER
You will be notified to download updates through the app.
You will be notified via email when updates are available.