Trimble Maps continuously updates its map data so you can generate the best routes for your vehicles. Below is an overview of updates made by our team of mapping experts for North America in Q3 2023. Please see the .pdf file attached to this article for full details.
NOTE: Data updates may be made available in different products at different times. The type of data available also depends on your licensing. Please contact us if you are unsure of your data licensing.
- Updates to the road network were made in 141 counties
- 9 new construction road projects were added
- Truck attributes were updated; totaling more than 900,000 miles
- Truck through-travel restrictions were updated within 88 city limits
- Weight limits were updated in Ontario, Maine, Michigan, Maryland, and Vermont
- 53’ routing attribution was reviewed and updated in Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, and Arkansas
- Tolls were updated to reflect new rates in Michigan, Indiana, and Texas
- City points and postal codes were updated for the US and Canada
- 5,648 new POIs were added to the Places Database (1,986 distribution centers, 2,643 retail storefront, 1 intermodal facility, 1,007 manufacturing plants, 2 weigh stations, and 9 truck stops)
- 4,645 new site locations were coded (1,558 distribution centers, 2,188 retail storefront, 1 intermodal facility, 895 manufacturing plants, 2 weigh stations, and 1 truck stop)
- More than 1529 customer-reported issues were fixed
- More than 450 miles of new highway-level network was added to the United States
How to Access the Most Current Data
Data is updated once a year with the new version release. It includes all of the map updates made between versions.
PC*MILER Web and Web Services
Updates are automatically available upon release. To access:
- Web—In the Routes panel, mark the Route Options > Reporting Preferences > Report Data Version field with Current. (Current is the default)
- Web Services—Mark the dataVersion field with Current. (Current is the default)
- App Store Customers—You will be notified to download updates through the app.
- Enterprise Customers (Indirect)—Contact the partner who sold you CoPilot to be sure you have the latest app version and data.
- Enterprise Customers (Direct) and Integration Partners—Updates can be downloaded over the air via API or directly from our portal.
MileOn by PC*MILER
You will be notified to download updates through the app.
You will be notified via email when updates are available.