- Open a command prompt.
- Change your current directory to the server install location.
- Create a record of the silent install. Type “setup.exe –r” into the command prompt. This will launch the setup.exe as normal, but now it will be logging whatever you click in the Installshield user interface into a special file called “setup.iss”. Complete the install and close the installer.
- Go to the Windows folder and look for “setup.iss”. This is the recording file that you just created. Copy it into the directory where setup.exe is located.
- Uninstall PCMiler so that you can test the silent install next.
- From the command prompt, type “setup.exe /s”. This will install completely silently using the same choices that you made earlier. It should not pop up any windows (although the Readme.txt will pop up if you selected to view Readme the first time).
- Now you can run “setup.exe /s” on as many computers as you want after that.
Modified on: Jan 23, 2018
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.
Have more questions? Submit a request