Accurate toll cost calculations are a key component in routing, rating and reconciliation. For example, you can determine whether it’s more cost-effective to take a toll route or a non-toll route with a few additional miles.
If the PC*MILER|Tolls add-on module was purchased with PC*MILER, you can generate accurate, up-to-date toll costs for U.S. and Canadian lanes. Toll costs appear in the Detailed Route Report, State/Country Distance Report, and Comparison Report, and tolls can be reported in either U.S. or Canadian dollars – using the current conversion rate.
PC*MILER|Tolls generates truck-specific toll costs for toll roads, bridges, tunnels, and border crossings for U.S. and Canadian toll authorities.
The Data PC*MILER|Tolls Provides
• Both cash and discount toll program transactions. Rates for toll discount programs throughout the U.S. and Canada (states in which each program applies are listed below).
• Toll rates for light, medium and heavy duty vehicles.
• Range (ticket) and barrier (coin drop) data in addition to two-way tolls, one-way tolls, and tolls that vary by direction.
• Toll data updates to ensure accuracy when calculating toll costs throughout the year. (PC*MILER|Tolls users receive notification by email when updates are available, or may use the Help tab > Check for Updates to ensure they have the most current data.)
• Time-of-day variations factored into truck-specific toll rates, including peak and non-peak tolls, if time-based routing is active in the route window.
• Future expected changes to toll rates included as available.
General Notes on Toll Rates
1. Unless vehicle dimension settings are customized in the Route Options dialog or using a route profile, PC*MILER calculates toll costs for an 80,000 pound, 5-axle vehicle.
• Jurisdictions Charging Tolls by Vehicle Weight: MI, NJ, ON, PA
• Jurisdictions Charging Tolls by Axle: AK, AL, BC, CA, CO, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, NB, NC, NE, NH, NJ, NS, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, PEI, QC, RI, SC, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, and WV
2. If the user does not specify a departure/arrival date, the computer’s system date is used as the date of departure to determine the effective toll rates for the trip
3. Some toll charges (in various states) are time-of-day driven, and in this case, tolls will be calculated using the highest (peak) rate unless PC*MILER’s time-based routing is used.
4. Future and proposed toll rates are incorporated into the database where appropriate and these rate changes may occasionally be cancelled at the last minute.
Supported Toll Discount Programs
Many tolling authorities offer standard discount plans to receive discounted toll rates when traveling on participating roadways. Below is a list of the supported discount programs in PC*MILER where when selected, discounted toll rates (if available), will be reported.
|Discount Program||Valid In|
|407 ETR Transponder ||ON Canada|
|A25 Transponder||QC Canada|
|A30 EXPRESS Transponder||QC Canada|
|Beach Express GO VISIT||AL|
|Downbeach Express Pass ||NJ|
|E-Pass Canada||NY, ON Canada|
|ExpressPass||NY, ON Canada|
|EZ Tag ||TX|
|E-ZPass||DE, IL, IN, ME, MD, MA, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, VA, WV|
|Good To Go||WA|
|Laredo Trade Tag||TX|
|NC Quick Pass||NC|
|NEXPRESS TOLL||MI, ON Canada|
|Palmetto Pass (PAL PASS)||SC|
|StraitPASS ||PEI Canada|
|TollTag ||LA, TX|