You must fully deactivate the product’s license and uninstall all PC*MILER components, including local, network, enterprise, or server installations if you want to:
- Transfer PC*MILER to a new computer.
- Reformat a computer that PC*MILER is currently installed to.
- Return the product.
- Reinstall on the same PC.
How to Deactivate and Uninstall
1. Open the PC*MILER application and start the License Tool by selecting the Help tab > License Tool. Then, in the PC*MILER License Tool window, click Deactivate.
2. In the PC*MILER Product Deactivation window, click Deactivate.
3. When the deactivation is complete, you will see a “Deactivation Complete” message, with the deactivated product keys listed below. You may want to cut and paste those keys into a document if later you plan to transfer PC*MILER to another computer.
4. Close the Product Deactivation and License Tool windows.
5. To uninstall after deactivating, go to the Start menu and find Control Panel > Apps & Features (or the equivalent on your system).
6. Click on PC*MILER (version number), and select Uninstall.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to completely remove the application.
8. Once the uninstall process is finished, you will need to delete the …ALK Technologies\PCMILERxx folder manually to completely remove the PC*MILER application from your system. The default location for this folder is C:\ALK Technologies\PCMILERxx.
NOTE: If you deactivate an installation that included PC*MILER components that were licensed and added after the initial installation, you will need to add those components separately again when you reinstall.
How to Transfer and Reinstall to Another Computer
Follow the instructions for your type of PC*MILER installation and, when prompted, enter the product key that you just deactivated on the old computer. Common installation types include:
If you need help transferring a license to another computer, Technical Support is available for:
- Customers who are signed up for the our Annual Support & Update Program (AUP license purchase).
- Customers who purchased PC*MILER as a Perpetual license within the past 12 months.
If your Perpetual license is beyond one year, please contact your sales representative for upgrade or support options.