During the installation of the PC*MILER for the AS/400 interface software on a PC, an icon to start the mileage server is placed in the startup folder. If you want to have a desktop icon, you can do a right mouse click Copy, and then a right mouse click Paste Shortcut onto the desktop.
To do this after the initial installation, right mouse click the Start menu; choose Open All Users (or Open on some systems); double-click the Programs folder; double-click the Startup icon; then use the right mouse button to Copy and Paste Shortcut on the desktop.
If you create a desktop icon any other way, the command line or target has to read as shown below. INCORRECT ICON PROPERTIES can cause the mileage server not to start or to return incorrectly formatted mileage!
C:\ALK Technologies\pcmilerXX\as400\SRV32.exe <space>1
The command line parameter controls how PC*MILER will run when started up.
- Option 1. The server will run in Highway Only mode. Highway Only means local streets are not considered when running a route. This is a popular option for customers who only need PC*MILER’s industry standard ZIP code to ZIP code driving distances. The software will also run faster in Highway Only mode.
- Option 2. The server will run in Streets mode. Streets mode means local streets will be considered when running a route. Streets are needed for turn-by-turn driving directions. You must have a PC*MILER|Streets license to take advantage of this option.
- Option 3. For customers using our Multi-Version Switch (MVS), this parameter allows the server to run any version of PC*MILER. This option is useful for customers who may need simple ZIP to ZIP mileage distance calculations with many different versions of PC*MILER.
All of the above options support the Tolls feature when PC*MILER|Tolls is installed.
Run as an Administrator
On some systems you will have to run Srv32.exe as an Administrator. The following error is a symptom that this setting is required.
To run Srv32.exe as an Administrator:
- Right mouse click on C:\ALK Technologies\PCMILERXX\AS400\Srv32.exe.
- Choose Properties.
- In the Compatibility tab check Run this program as administrator.