This Geocode File includes a list of data records for Canadian Postal Codes that are accessible in PC*MILER (see license requirements below). It includes the same information as the Canadian Postal Code File with the addition of latitude/longitude coordinates also listed per record. The file is comma delimited and sorted in ascending order based on the province abbreviation then Postal Code.
PC*MILER LICENSE REQUIREMENT:
A base license of the corresponding version for at least one of the following PC*MILER products is required in order to gain access to this Geocode File:
- PC*MILER with the Canadian Postal Code Data Add-on included
- PC*MILER Web Services at the Standard or Premium Feature Level
- PC*MILER Web Services at the Standard-Worldwide or Premium-Worldwide Feature Level
statename,placename,canpost,xposition,yposition AB,Lloydminster,S9V 1C3,-109987463,53282064 ON,Sarnia,N7T 3Z8,-82396955,42972177 QC,Terrebonne,J6W 1C6,-73631728,45693214 SK,Regina,S4X 0C5,-104646077,50503733
- PCMXX_Geocode_NA_Canpost_w LatLong.txt
Note: "XX" refers to the version number.
- Province abbreviations included in this file are FIPS codes.
- This file is in Unicode format and includes characters outside the 0 to 127 ASCII range. Some place names do have special characters such as Õ, é, and ü. This file must be opened using UTF-8 or Arial Unicode MS format so that all characters display appropriately.
- Latitude/longitude values are included without the decimal point. They are to be interpreted as ddd.dddddd. (i.e. The integer values need to be divided by 1 million to obtain the latitude and longitude in decimal format.)
- This file only includes data released in the base version related to the Geocode File purchased. It does not include information added for a relatable quarterly data update.
- For a list of the jurisdictions available in these files: U.S. states and Canadian provinces, Mexican estados and Worldwide countries.