This Geocode File includes a list of data records for cities and postal codes in the North America that are accessible in PC*MILER and are included in the US, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Greenland, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, and the US Virgin Islands. It also includes the corresponding ZIP/Postal Code where data is available. It includes the same information as the North America City and ZIP-Postal Code File with the addition of latitude/longitude coordinates also listed per record. The file is comma delimited and sorted in ascending order based on the state/province, county name then ZIP/Postal Code.
PC*MILER LICENSE REQUIREMENT:
A base license of the corresponding version for at least one of the following PC*MILER products, and an additional fee, are required before this Geocode File can be provided:
- PC*MILER Web Services (any Feature Level)
statename,countyname,placename,zip,XPosition,YPosition AB,Athabasca County,Baptiste Lake,,-113543589,54744442 KY,Jefferson,Fisherville,40023,-85455631,38178744 MD,Prince George's,Riverdale,20737,-76923130,38964629 OA,Santo Domingo Zanatepec,Yerba Santa,,-94354167,16349722
- PCMXX_Geocode_NA_Cities USZIP_w LatLong.txt (v24 and older)
- PCMXX_Geocode_NA_Cities_Zip PostalCode_w LatLong.txt (v25 and newer)
Note: "XX" refers to the version number.
- State/province abbreviations included in this file are FIPS codes.
- This file is in Unicode format and includes characters outside the 0 to 127 ASCII range. Some place names do have special characters such as Õ, é, and ü. This file must be opened using UTF-8 or Arial Unicode MS format so that all characters display appropriately.
- Latitude/longitude values are included without the decimal point. They are to be interpreted as ddd.dddddd. (i.e. The integer values need to be divided by 1 million to obtain the latitude and longitude in decimal format.)
- This file only includes data released in the base version related to the Geocode File purchased. It does not include information added for a relatable quarterly data update.
- You may see locations in the United States that are listed without a US ZIP Code. If you scroll the list, you will then see the location with the ZIP Code listed. This is not a typo or an error.
- PC*MILER's US ZIP Code database does include PO Box ZIP Codes according to the following rules: if USPS had designated the only ZIP Code assigned to a location as a PO Box ZIP, then it was added to the database; if the USPS has designated a street address for a PO Box ZIP Code, then it was added to the database; and if neither, and you enter a PO Box ZIP, you’ll receive a message: “This is a non-routable PO Box". Freight to be picked up from or delivered to a USPS facility should be routed using the street address delivery ZIP Code for that facility.
- In the file you may see some cities in Mexico listed as a calendar date such as “16 de Septiembre”. According to the Correos de Mexico, these are valid city locations that relate to the Postal Code assigned to that city.
- For a list of the jurisdictions available in these files: U.S. states and Canadian provinces, Mexican estados and Worldwide countries.
VERSION SPECIFIC FILE NOTES:
- Beginning in PC*MILER 28, Central American countries that were previously included in the North America region have been removed from that region and are now included in South America.