Provided you have an internet connection, follow the steps below to install the available updates:
1. Close all open instances of PC*MILER|Rail and its connectivity products. If a third-party program that accesses any PC*MILER|Rail component is running (for example, PC*MILER|Rail-Connect), close it before updating.
2. Open PC*MILER|Rail and select the Help tab > Check for Updates. The PC*MILER Updater dialog will open. The Updater checks for valid license information and then begins checking for available updates.
3. When the search for updates is complete you will see all available updates listed. In the Download & Install drop-down menu next to each available update, select either Download & Install to download and install right away or Download to download now and install at a later time. Note the version number of the updates you will be installing so you can check if the update installed properly (see Step 6 below).
4. The download process will begin and the progress of the download will be reflected in a progress bar. If any PC*MILER|Rail-related application is open, you will be prompted to close it. After closing the application(s), click OK to continue with the download.
5. If you chose Download and Install, the InstallShield Wizard will open when the download is finished. Follow the instructions to complete the installation. After installing, you will see the update listed under “Installed Updates” in the Updater window.
6. If you chose Download, when the download is finished the button to the right will now say Install. You can complete the installation at any time in the future by opening the Updater window and clicking Install. You must close the Updater after processing is finished. The next time you open the Updater, the files you downloaded will be shown in the Downloaded Updates section of the dialog.
7. As a last step, check to make sure the update installed properly. Select the Help tab > About and look for the Software Version number under This Product is Licensed to. It should match what you downloaded.