This Geocode File includes a list of data records for cities, postal codes and Standard Point Location Codes (SPLC) that are accessible in PC*MILER and are included in the US, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Greenland, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, and the US Virgin Islands. It includes the same information as the North America City, ZIP-Postal Code and SPLC File with the addition of latitude/longitude coordinates also listed per record. The file is comma delimited and sorted in ascending order based on the state/province, county name then ZIP/Postal Code.
PC*MILER LICENSE REQUIREMENT:
A base license of the corresponding version for at least one of the following PC*MILER products, and an additional fee, are required before this Geocode File can be provided:
- PC*MILER with the SPLC Data Add-on included
- PC*MILER Web Services at the Premium Feature Level
- PC*MILER Web Services at the Premium-Worldwide Feature Level
statename,countyname,placename,zip,splc,XPosition,YPosition AR,Franklin,Charleston,72933,608597000,-94039578,35295962 CT,Hartford,Griswoldville,,163410001,-72671110,41693610 JA,Puerto Vallarta,Las Juntas,,,-105247222,20700000 ON,Lambton,Brights Grove,,045346000,-82243379,43028535
- PCMXX_Geocode_NA_Cities USZIP SPLC_w LatLong.txt (v24 and older)
- PCMXX_Geocode_NA_Cities_Zip PostalCode SPLC_w LatLong.txt (v25 and newer)
Note: "XX" refers to the version number.
- State/province abbreviations included in this file are FIPS codes.
- This file is in Unicode format and includes characters outside the 0 to 127 ASCII range. Some place names do have special characters such as Õ, é, and ü. This file must be opened using UTF-8 or Arial Unicode MS format so that all characters display appropriately.
- Latitude/longitude values are included without the decimal point. They are to be interpreted as ddd.dddddd. (i.e. The integer values need to be divided by 1 million to obtain the latitude and longitude in decimal format.)
- This file only includes data released in the base version related to the Geocode File purchased. It does not include information added for a relatable quarterly data update.
- You may see locations in the United States that are listed without a US ZIP Code. If you scroll the list, you will then see the location with the ZIP Code listed. This is not a typo or an error.
- PC*MILER's US ZIP Code database does include PO Box ZIP Codes according to the following rules: if USPS had designated the only ZIP Code assigned to a location as a PO Box ZIP, then it was added to the database; if the USPS has designated a street address for a PO Box ZIP Code, then it was added to the database; and if neither, and you enter a PO Box ZIP, you’ll receive a message: “This is a non-routable PO Box". Freight to be picked up from or delivered to a USPS facility should be routed using the street address delivery ZIP Code for that facility.
- In the file you may see some cities in Mexico listed as a calendar date such as “16 de Septiembre”. According to the Correos de Mexico, these are valid city locations that relate to the Postal Code assigned to that city.
For a list of the jurisdictions available in these files: U.S. states and Canadian provinces, Mexican estados and Worldwide countries.
VERSION SPECIFIC FILE NOTES:
Beginning in PC*MILER 28, Central American countries that were previously included in the North America region have been removed from that region and are now included in South America.