- Right click on the PC*MILER 30 icon on your desktop. Select Open file location.
- Delete the file "user.cfg" located in that folder.
- Launch PC*MILER 30.
If your issue persists, you may be missing important .NET Framework updates. Does your ALK.UI error mention the phrase "Presentation Framework" in the details?
PC*MILER 30 utilizes Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6. To ensure that you are fully up to date, please do the following:
- In your Windows search bar, type Programs and Features. Open it.
- Wait for the list to populate. Is Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 on the list? If not, please download and install it from the below link: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10, Server 2008, Server 2012
- If Microsoft .NET 4.6 is already installed, please run Check for Updates and ensure that all .NET critical and optional updates are applied. Please note that some updates are subsequent and will appear after prerequisite updates are successfully applied. The below updates have been known to resolve the PC*MILER UI crash:
November 2016 Preview of Quality Rollup on Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (KB3196686)
November 2016 Preview of Quality Rollup on Windows Server 2012 (KB3195383)
Reliability Rollup 3179949 on Windows 7 SP1, Windows Server 2008 SP2, and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Reliability Rollup 3184951 for the .NET Framework on Windows Server 2012
If this does not resolve your issue please contact Technical Support at email@example.com.