PC*MILER shared sever installations rely heavily on the bandwidth of your host server. If you would like to speed up your workstation installation, you have the option to use local data. Please follow the instructions below:
- Uninstall your workstation installation of PC*MILER (via Programs and Features).
- Retrieve a copy of PC*MILER by going to your host server's shared folder. An example would be \\myserver\pcmilerxx\network\.
- Run setup.exe. If you cannot see .exe, run the setup file with the Application file type.
- During the installation, the setup will request several preferences. We want: "How would you like your data to be handled?" Choose Local Data. Please note that the installation will take exponentially longer to complete, as it is copying 2 to 3 GB of data from the server to your local machine in the background.
- Once the installation completes, launching and using PC*MILER should be noticeably faster.