To generate a route, you need to enter a valid origin and at least one valid destination in the active route window. To run the route, you can:
- Click Run in the active route window;
- Press the F10 key; or
- Select the Routes tab > Run.
Active routing options are listed at the top of the route window, under the route name. PC*MILER off-the-shelf (default) route options are:
- For North America: Practical, Borders Open, Highway Only*, Use Ferry Distances, Tolls Discount - US$**
* Defaults to Streets if PC*MILER|Streets, PC*MILER|Energy and/or PC*MILER|TripDirect is installed
** With PC*MILER|Tolls installed
- For All Other Regions: (PC*MILER|Worldwide and DTOD only) Practical, Borders Open, Highway Only*, Use Ferry Distances
* Except if PC*MILER|Streets is installed for the active region
When processing is finished, the route will be drawn and framed on the PC*MILER map, and mileage, cost, and time estimates by trip leg will appear to the right of each stop. If an arrival or departure time was entered, the ETA at each stop will also be shown. From left to right, the columns are:
- Time Zone – Displays the time zone for each stop.
- Tolls – (PC*MILER|Tolls required) At each stop, shows toll costs for the trip leg from the previous stop, with the total toll cost for the trip at the bottom.
- Cost – At each stop, shows the estimated cost of the trip leg from the previous stop, including tolls if PC*MILER|Tolls is installed. Trip costs are calculated by multiplying PC*MILER’s default cost per mile by the number of miles. The cost per mile settings can be customized in Application Settings > Route Costs.
- Stop Duration – (PC*MILER|Streets required) This column is populated if a stop duration was entered in the HOS Manager.
- Drive Time – At each stop, shows the estimated driving time for the trip leg from the previous stop. Cumulative driving time is shown in the bottom row.
- Miles – At each stop, shows the distance for the trip leg from the previous stop. Cumulative distances for the trip are shown in the bottom row.
- ETA/ETD – If an arrival or departure time was entered, this column shows the departure time at the origin (this time is an estimate if an arrival time was entered) and estimated arrival time(s) at each stop.