ERROR: "PC*MILER Cannot Connect to ALK Services. Please Check your Connection and Try Again."
This message occurs when the PC where you are launching PC*MILER does not have internet access, has a slow connection (15+ seconds to connect), or has network limitations that are blocking the connection.
PC*MILER 32 requires an internet connection for:
- Internet license activation
- ALK Content Tools
- Help menu features
- Software updates
- Real-time traffic data (license required)
- Satellite imagery on the PC*MILER map
- PC*MILER|Weather map display (license required)
- ALK’s MapSure in a browser (PC*MILER|Streets required)
The URLs required to connect to ALK Services are:
PC*MILER also has an internal Proxy that can be configured for internet access. In PC*MILER, go to File > Application Settings > Proxy.