RELEASE DATE: June 27, 2022
- All PC*MILER products
- User interface products
- Integration products
All PC*MILER products
The PC*MILER routing algorithm is improved with every version release. Some highlights for version 36 include:
- Better handling of on/off ramps so that routes do not leave a major road only to return to it.
- Better routing through complex intersections with many different entry and exit roads and varying truck restrictions for each road.
- More direct turns onto local roads from divided highways to avoid longer routes that use designated crossover roads.
- Better routing to avoid or minimize a driver's time within the London Lorry Control Scheme (LLCS) during the active restriction time.
Map Data enhancements
Our road map data in North America is also enhanced with every version release. Some highlights for version 36 include:
- 427 new construction road projects were added to the road network
- Vertical clearances were updated in: Arkansas, Hawaii, Manitoba, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Wisconsin
- Weight limits were updated in: Alaska, Alberta, British California, Columbia, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Manitoba, Massachusetts, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, New Mexico, North Carolina, Nova Scotia, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Prince Edward Island, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Saskatchewan, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming, Yukon
- The 53’ Routing attribution was reviewed and updated in: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Manitoba, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Saskatchewan, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
- Nearly 100,000 Places and Sites were added to the Places database.
- Updated default route costs to better reflect current labor and fuel costs.
User interface products
Automatic updates to Hours of Service (HOS) clocks
The clocks for driver duty hours and driving hours are now automatically updated after you run a route and Insert HOS Driver Breaks in the HOS Manager. This can help you see the impact on a driver's hours of service when you add or move stops while planning a route.
Map legends toggle
A new Toggle Legends button under the Map tab allows you to quickly hide all legends on the map. To view the legends on the map again, select Legends and check the boxes next to the legends you want to display.
PC*MILER for the AS/400 Updates
A new setting allows to you select whether the abbreviation "NX" should be returned for Nuevo Leon in Mexico. By default, Nuevo Leon is returned as "NL," but legacy versions of PC*MILER have used "NX." To switch to using "NX," select Options > NL Abbreviation and check Nuevo Leon.
The handling of invalid addresses in the AS/400 has been improved to better notify users of errors and prompt them to re-enter correct data.
Windows 11 support
PC*MILER 36 has been tested and certified for machines running Windows 11.
PC*MILER BatchPro updates
North America is now the default region in the BatchPro user interface, although you can still select any other regions for which you are licensed.
PC*MILER Connect updates
- Fixed the handling of vehicle weights entered when creating a RouteSync route.
- Fixed issues with connectivity to ContentTools when using older Windows operating systems.